Tuesday 13 August 2013

God is That You?? Say What?


We say "God, I love you and trust You and will do whatever You want and go where ever You go..." Why of course it's easy to say that when everything is going smooth, when life is beautiful and things are falling into place...But let's be honest my sisters...when life doesn't seem so grand and we get the carpet pulled out from under our feet, it's a liiiiittle tougher to say "God I love you and trust You and will do WHATEVER You want me to".........
I had a 'say what' moment - when I heard God whisper to my heart and my very reaction was 'say what? God is that you?'

My husband was away on a missions trip in the Arctic...and I was at home -8 months pregnant with our first baby- And while Dave was away, I thought I heard God whisper to my heart...'move to London Ontario'...We had friends (a pastor and his wife) who lived in London but other then that, we really knew know one...We had no family in London.  I pushed it down ...far down... right away. The thought of uprooting and moving away from my family was just heart breaking!! Move to London with a baby? Take our baby away from his grandparents who were going to be grandparents for the first time! Leave our jobs and all of our friends? That could NOT have been God. I didn't even ask Him to clarify at the time..I just ignored what I thought I'd heard. But God wouldn't have it. That sentence "move to London" kept coming back to my mind over and over...so I gave in and allowed myself to talk to God about it..to pray about it... "I'm still not sure about this God, but if it's You, then tell Dave to"

Of course you know what's coming now right? Dave got home late at night and as we laid in bed, he was telling me about his trip and all of a sudden, out of no where, he said to me... "I think we're supposed to move to London."...all I could say was " I know. God told me the same thing." NOT only did God confirm through Dave that we were to move but also through a gentleman at our home church. We had not told anyone yet that we were moving and so when this man mentioned that he'd heard God say we needed to move to London Ontario- well let's just say that was confirmation once again!

We DID move to London. We served in a newly planted church that our friends were pastoring. We lived in London for 2 years (this is a whole other blog post in itself!...an other time I will share with you about our journey)

My friends...if God is asking you to do something, lay something at His feet, or to just do the unthinkable...if God speaks to you and all you can say is 'say what?' Don't brush if off! Pray and ask Him to guide you...And He will! He will not lead you astray...He'll be there every step of the way.

Lord I just lift up all my sisters reading this blog post who have had a 'say what' moment. Lord, we just want to glorify you and obey you. Our flesh, our fears, our desires sometimes get in the way of this. It's not what we want Lord. We do desire to honor you. Father, guide us. Give us confirmation in the areas that we so need. Thank You  for the 'say what' moments Lord! It's in those moments we GROW, it's in those moments that we draw closer to You Lord. We love you and want to honor you Lord.... Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment